Friday, June 17, 2011

Mariners Preview

15 minutes. Ready... go!

Ok so I was going to do a Male Bag today, but I just didn't get the time with it being the last day of school and all types of celebrations and such going on. That doesn't mean Male Bag Volume III is not coming soon. Expect it on Sunday.

As for the preview of the Mariners series, I am going to keep it very brief. Partially because the Mariners are mostly worthless, partially because we are probably going to lose to them, and mostly because I just don't have the time to go very in depth. We'll see what I can get in before game time, though.

Game 1: Roy Oswalt (4-4, 3.14 ERA) vs. Michael Pineda (6-4, 2.72 ERA)
This game feels like it could go one of two ways to me with nothing in between. Either Pineda and the Mariners throw a shutout against us, or we get him out of the game in about 3 innings by scoring 8 runs off of him. I want to hope for the latter, but I feel like the former is much more likely. Pineda has been very very good this year, and we've never seen him. He has been worse recently though, going 0-2 with a 3.72 ERA in his last 3 starts. As for the Phils, does anyone realize that Oswalt has the worst ERA of our 4 starters this season? It's 3.14. That's the worst of those 4. Can we please take a second to recall how good our rotation is?
Prediction: Mariners 4 Phillies 0
Keep an eye out for: Ben Francisco sucking even worse as a DH (if possible). And why is Ibanez not our DH? If we need him in the lineup so bad, can we at least keep him off the field defensively?

Game 2: Vance Worley (2-1, 3.75 ERA) vs. Felix Hernandez (7-5, 3.30 ERA)
This seems like a sure loss to me. The thing we have going for us is the fact that Worley is new to the Mariners, and they generally don't score many runs anyway. I sort of feel like these first two games could end up being very similar in that there will be a general lack of offense from both teams (but especially the Phils. Kill me). The silver lining here: Worley is starting because Romero got designated for assignment. What does that mean? Who cares! All I know is it means he's not on our team right now. Ruben Amaro, Jr. called this "not an easy decision for us." Getting rid of Romero wasn't an easy decision? Please, please, PLEASE tell me what you consider an easy decision Rube. He's the biggest majoke of a pitcher in baseball. Get him out of here.
Prediction: Mariners 2 Phillies 0
Keep an eye out for: even less hits in this game than the first one from the Phils

Game 3: Cole Hamels (9-2, 2.49 ERA) vs. Jason Vargas (4-4, 4.13 ERA)
I wish I had time to convince you that Cole is the best pitcher in the NL right now, but I am down to 2 minutes and 28 seconds to finish this preview in under my goal. Bottom line: He's nasty. And Jason Vargas kinda sucks. Trust me, he's on my fantasy team. He really sucks.
Prediction: Phillies 8 Mariners 1
Keep an eye out for: double digit strikeouts from Hamels and the Phils offense taking all of their anger out from the past 2 days on Vargas

14:01. Well done, Cam. Well done.

2 comments:

  1. You haven't had any comments for a while so..... keep it up Cam! Atty eye! Nice mix! Put it in there! Aight kid aight! GN dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and you just made 2500 page views NICE

    ReplyDelete