Monday, June 6, 2011

Dodgers Preview

I am going to keep this preview very short. I spent the afternoon working on a reaction to the Pirates series for B Fresh's blog, and hopefully I will be getting his soon so I can post that. So forgive the lack of analysis tonight...I'm short on time.

I want to keep my response to that series pretty light because I'd rather leave it all to Ben, and if you want to read mine you can check out his blog. What I do want to say, though, is HOW AWESOME WERE MY PREDICTIONS?

I said that Friday night was essentially a toss-up, I just picked the Phillies because I picked the Phillies without a great reason.
I predicted 6-1 and McCutchen driving in 3 Saturday night. McCutchen drove in 2 of the Pirates' 6 runs and we lost.
I predicted the opposite on Sunday with Utley doing the damage, and the game was pretty much the opposite of Saturday night with Utley getting 3 hits (although driving in 0 runs)
My reasoning for opposite predictions Saturday and Sunday was the similarity of Morton and Halladay. Their lines:
Morton 7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5 K
Halladay 7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K

Gross.

As for the Dodgers...

Game 1: Ted Lilly (4-4, 4.22 ERA) vs. Cliff Lee (4-5, 3.94 ERA)
Cliff pitches much better at The Cit, but facing the lefty Lilly worries me. He has little success in his career against us, though.
Prediction: Phillies 6 Dodgers 2
Keep an eye out for: Cliff going the distance

Game 2: Rubby De La Rosa (1-0, 1.80 ERA) vs. Roy Oswalt (3-3, 2.70 ERA)
Roy Oswalt has awesome career numbers against the Dodgers and their hitters, but how do we stand a chance in this game? The guy's name is RUBBY! How sweet is that?! Rubby's gotta win this one
Prediction: Dodgers 2 Phillies 0
Keep an eye out for: Rubby throwing a game as perfect as his name. Interpret as you wish

Game 3: Hiroki Kuroda (5-6, 3.46 ERA) vs. Cole Hamels (7-2, 2.83 ERA)
This might be a better matchup than Halladay-Josh Johnson. The numbers these guys have against these teams is disgusting. In 4 starts against us, Kuroda is 2-0 and has a 0.68 ERA and has held us to a .084 batting average. He's given up 7 hits and 2 earned runs in 26.2 innings. Compared to that, Hamels sucks against the Dodgers. In 4 starts and 30 innings, he has given up 22 hits (are you kidding me, Cole?) and 5 earned runs (get a job, dude). He's 2-0 with a 1.50 ERA
Prediction: Phillies 1 Dodgers 0 in 10 innings
Keep an eye out for: both pitchers throwing no-hitters through 9 and the Phils scoring 1 run off of a Dodger reliever

No comments:

Post a Comment