Thursday, April 14, 2011

4 for 4

I apologize in advance for how brief this reaction and the next preview will be. I am going to Virginia this weekend and attempting to sleep tonight, so I don't have much time to get some real thoughts together for either one. I also apologize for apologizing in advance. If I were really apologizing for something I knew I was going to do, wouldn't I just not do it? I guess not...

We have now had 4 series' (series's? serieses? series? too lazy to look it up? or do I just think its funny to not know?) and we've won all 4. Really all a baseball season comes down to is taking 2 out of 3 games at a time. Sweeps are always fun, but a series win is really what the focus should always be. As I've said before, every team will win 60 games (ish...sorry Pittsburgh) and every team will lose 60 games. The other 42 games are what makes you a good team or a bad team. A loss to the Nationals ultimately means just about nothing. And a win against the Nationals ultimately means about the same as that loss. But that third game is what is going to make the real difference. It's so easy for any given player to have an off day on the baseball diamond, and that makes a clutch win in game 3 that much better. Sure, using the term "clutch" against the Nationals in April is a little ridiculous, but it's these kind of series wins that will benefit us in the long run. Blowing a series like this in April puts us in a way too uncomfortable September. Awesome job, Phils.

Now we just need Jamie Moyer back to start 2 of these games against the Marlins to ensure us another series win.

No comments:

Post a Comment