Tuesday, August 30, 2011

POWER OUTAGE!

To keep with the recent theme of having non-Phillies related, CAPS-locked words with an exclamation point as the title of my post, I'm posting about the reason I can't really post anything (it makes sense, trust me. Trust me).

We've been without power in our place for over 75 hours now, so I have been unable to watch the Phillies or even really check on how they are doing. Right now, I'm using the internet while staying with friends of my sister and brother-in-law for the night. I don't feel like I'm in the proper state of mind to be posting about a Phillies team I basically haven't seen since Wednesday.

Happiness is at a premium with no power, but a friend and I hit up Day's (a bar down here) to catch some of the Phils on ESPN. For some reason, they were showing the Giants-Jets preseason game on 4 of the 5 TVs with the volume on for that, but we endured long enough to see Shane Victorino hit a 2-run home run and put a smile back on my face.

So you can rest easy knowing that I haven't given up on the blog after doing so well the rest of the year. And you can rest easy knowing that I'm not really resting so easy, but instead I'm sleeping on air mattresses in other peoples' houses and apartments. Now I know why they started farming in Mesopotamia. This moving around malarkey is annoying as crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment