Friday, August 26, 2011

HURRICANE!

First of all, I guess I should apologize for moving to Virginia. Since my arrival in this state, we've been experiencing all kinds of natural disasters. Clearly VA was not ready for all that is Cam.

With Hurricane Irene making her appearance all along the East Coast this weekend, we may see some serious schedule changes for the upcoming Phillies-Marlins series. The game match ups, as of now, are as follows:

Tonight: Clay Hensley (1-5, 5.47 ERA) vs. Roy Oswalt (6-7, 3.51 ERA)

Tomorrow afternoon: Anibal Sanchez (7-6, 4.01 ERA) vs. Roy Halladay (15-5, 2.56 ERA)

A normal weekend schedule usually consists of a Friday night game, a Saturday night game, and a Sunday afternoon game. As you can see, we've moved Saturday night to Saturday afternoon as well as completely eliminated Sunday at this point (moved to September 15). The schedule has already been affected quite a bit, and more changes may follow. Because of this, rather than doing a preview, I am simply going to recap this series on Sunday (assuming I have electricity).

So until then, all I can say is, as the Chinese restaurant singers from A Christmas Story would say if they formed an 80's cover band, "Come On, Irene."

(and, with that joke, I am now one small step closer to completely becoming my father)

No comments:

Post a Comment