Sunday, July 4, 2010

Live Blog (From Thursday)

My good friend Ben Follett, the only true Pirates fan in the world, was gracious enough to write another post for this blog. You may recall that he wrote one reflecting upon the first series with the Pirates. He was lucky enough to go to a few games during this series in Pittsburgh. Thursday night, he decided to be the man and live blog during the game. Unfortunately, said "live blog" could not actually show up here live. So here it is now. Although it may be painful to relive this game, it's definitely awesome to see the game through his perspective as it was unfolding. So check it out -

Pirates – Phillies Live Blog (July 1, 2010)
6:24 pm - Sitting in the suite level at PNC Park should be my everyday life. 40 mins until first pitch and currently the phillies fans out number buccos fans 4 to 1
6:43 pm - You know how you make errors in baseball or softball when the ball hit a rock, divet or dead animal because the field sucks? Imagine playing on any major league field, no bad hops...major leaguers should never make an error.
7:05 pm - First pitch, 705 pm, 76 degrees and I love baseball...let's go bucs!
7:15 pm - I hate the shift, if Ryan Howard was smart he would ninth for a base hit down the 3rd base line 10 times in a row until teams stopped the shift and then he would hit for a higher average and I wouldn't have to yell about the shift every day.
7:21 pm - I think good Cole Hamels is in the building tonight, he's touching 95…whoa.
7:30 pm - Daniel McCutchen just struck out the side, lowering his ERA to 10.31...all I can say is Cole Hamels better look out.
7:40 pm - A question for all the readers, what would your walk up song be?
7:50 pm - 1-0 buccos on a bobby crosby single driving in lastings milledge.
7:54 pm - Wilson valdez hits a ball over the north side notch, who the hell is Wilson valdez, 1-1.
8:04 pm - Welcome to the burgh Pedro as he doubles to the notch scoring tabata from first, 2-1 bucs.
8:21 pm - Today is t-shirt Thursdays at the ballpark, I love free t-shirts...scratch that I love free everything, especially the free food and beer I am enjoying in the box tonight.
8:25 pm - Tabata brings in laroche after a perfect sac bunt, 3-1 pirates.
8:35 pm - The pirates throw the ball around a little and let the phillies have a run, 3-2.
8:47 pm - Ryan Howard grounds out to the second baseman in shallow right field, I love the shift.
9:02 pm - I don't like Heineken, but it is the only free beer left and its better than paying for beer I like. Oh by the way, 3-2 bucs, bottom of the 6th.
9:14 pm - I have been making bets with a friend the entire game and through 13 bets, he is up a quarter. As for the baseball, 3-2 bucs after the top if the 7th.
9:35 pm - I wish I could throw upper 90's, that would be awesome. 3-2 bucs.
9:50 pm - Top of the 9th, 3-2 bucs and here comes octavio dotel.
9:55 pm - 2 outs, bottom of the ninth...here we go.
9:59 pm - Raise the jolly roger, octavio strikes out victorino and the ballgame is over baby, 3-2 buccos and there was no doubt about it...thanks for playing Phillies, see ya tomorrow.
10:12 pm – Postgame…I love baseball and live blogging was an experience made all the better by the Pirates winning. I hope everyone enjoyed the comments and Let’s Go Bucs!

No comments:

Post a Comment