Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bad

The Phillies are almost as bad at baseball as I am at updating right now.

I read that the Phillies had scored 3 runs or less in 44 of their first 92 games this season. I think I said something at the beginning of this season along the lines of it being impossible for the Phillies to score less than 4 runs in any given game. Yet, somehow, we have managed to do it in almost half of our games.

It's upsetting, but I wonder what the heck we can do about it. The possibility of getting rid of Jayson Werth is still out there and borderline likely at this point, but who can we really add to take his place and then add something extra to that? The most recent thing I have heard involves Roy Oswalt coming to the Phils. Although I would love that, it does not solve the problem of scoring runs. Pitching doesn't really feel like the problem right now.

As Kelsey said in her comment on the last post, Tejada is a possibility as well. That would be a nice replacement for Utley for the time being (move Polanco to second, Tejada plays third). He wouldnt have much of a place on the team once Chase is back, but I think right now we need to worry about actually winning some games. The more I think about it (as I'm typing this without thinking it through first), the more I really like Tejada on our team. But how old is he? Does he even know?

No comments:

Post a Comment