Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Camp

A few days ago I arrived at Penn State to work at a camp. It's the same camp that caused me to stop this blog last year, only this year it's even longer...6 1/2 weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to update a few times weekly based on SportsCenter highlights and checking out box scores.

Now would be a great time to let me know if you want to write any guest blog entries. All are welcome, just ask and we can figure out a good time for it to happen.

In terms of the actual Phillies, here are my most recent thoughts...

Good series against the Indians. We are definitely a lot better than them and should have swept. So it's nice that we actually did.

Good series against the Blue Jays. They are a good team this year with solid pitching and guys who are just straight up hitting home runs. That's a great series win for us.

The Reds are a very good team this season. I was surprised at how Kyle Kendrick did in Game 1. I would expect him to struggle against them, but not after pitching well to start the game. When I saw the 0-0 score go across the bottom line on ESPN in the 3rd inning, I felt like I knew we would win that game because it was a day Kendrick was feeling good. I guess not. Cueto is a very good pitcher, and that's not really a matchup we should win.
Tonight's game will be interesting. The Reds are starting Mike Leake, the best rookie starting pitcher in the NL since Stephen Strasburg! The Phils often struggle against crappy young pitchers, and I feel like the usually do well against good young pitchers. So I expect a decent amount of offense this game, it's just whether or not the Reds can get more off of Big Joe.

No comments:

Post a Comment