Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Third Time's a Charm

I know what you're all thinking right now


"Really? You're trying this again? Have you learned nothing over the past 2 years? You couldn't keep a blog going for the entire season if your life depended on it! You can barely go half the season! You truly suck at this. Why even try? What is your deal? Get a job dude!"


Well, first of all, that's a little harsh. So back off. And I have a job, so why even make a comment like that?


Beyond those things, I can see your point. I think that I have a legitimate shot at it this season, though. Just hear me out on this one.


In the past, I've had too high of expectations for myself. "Come on, Cameron (cause I don't call myself 'Cam'...that's weird) you can totally do this. All it takes is typing up your thoughts after every game or 2. You probably wouldn't shut up about this stuff anyway, so you might as well type it." Well this year I've learned that I need a real plan. So here it is. (And yes, I am totally making this stuff up on the spot. So yes, it may completely backfire and not work at all)



  • I am going to write a preview for each series that we have as well as a recap of each series that we have. Unless there is something I really need to say, there is no need to try to blog for almost every game.

  • I will use off-days to blog about broader topics, not just individual games. It was always tough to fit in those generic posts in the past while also trying to comment on games.

  • I will encourage more participation from my readers to give me things to say. Only this year, I hope you'd be willing to email me as well as comment on the posts. I know some of you may get too nervous to have your comment seen by all, and I think it's adorable how shy you are. But don't worry, just email me at cskoehler5@gmail.com, and no one will have to know about it. You can comment on the Phils or an opponent, ask me questions that you would want answered in the blog or otherwise, give me suggestions for the blog, etc. The possibilities are endless! The more you talk to me, the better chance there is I actually keep this thing going. I'll be sure to keep reminding you.

  • I have recently been reading the greatest blog known to man, and it has given me so many ideas for how I can make this one more interesting. Like no matter how many times you guys all email me, I will do some type of "mailbag" post about once a month answering your questions (or ones I make up that you "asked"). And I can have more links to things that are hilarious and/or awesome. Although this doesn't necessarily make my blogging easier, it definitely makes it more interesting for you. And it's really all about you, isn't it?

  • I will again encourage guest blog entries. We had 2 last season, and I hope that more people will be excited to do it again this season. (I realize this could fall under the 3rd bullet point, but the more bullets the better... Well, not always.

  • I'm not working at Summer Study this year! So although I loved it and will miss going back, it will allow me to fully focus on the Phils for the full season. (alliteration is awesome)

These are just a few of my ideas and plans. Hopefully you can stick with me for a 3rd attempt at this. I know that the past few years I've left you a little disappointed, even borderline depressed, but I promise to try my very best to make this year better.


I'm going to try to have a season preview up before the game on Friday. Let's go Phils!

5 comments:

  1. STOKED. And as Brianna and/or Jer said GL dude. And GN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm pumped and wearing my phils hat at this moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please post on why the heck their first game is at 1pm!? We didn't just spend our life savings on MLB Extra Innings to miss the first game of the season. Cripes! (I'm just irritated, Jeremiah already explained to me that the game shouldn't even be televised, yada yada)

    ReplyDelete